[kde-linux] Gecko AND KHTML in Konqueror??

Jes Hall jhall at kde.org
Wed Oct 26 23:15:15 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 26 October 2005 09:26, Steven Pasternak wrote:
> Hi! I heard somewhere that in konqueror you can choose between gecko and
> khtml. Is this so? I use kde/konqueror 3.4.2 on Fedora 4. If it is
> possible, exactly do you choose? Thanks!

http://docs.kde.org/development/en/kdebase/faq/non-kde-apps.html#id2562262

There is then support in KDE svn for embedding the Gecko part into Konqueror
but it is dangerously unstable, stops you from being able to use KHTML and
effectively completely breaks your Konqueror. For this reason the support is
not in any released version of KDE and wont be any time soon.

Regards,

JH