[kde-linux] KDE 3.2 does not complete

Bahman bahman at myway.com
Mon Nov 28 10:45:21 UTC 2005

Hi!

Background:
I am using debian sarge testing, I heard it is now available as stable, so I changed the update configuration to apt-get the stable sarge. Then It happened, Lots of thing went wrong and I changed the configuration to go back to sarge testing version.

Now I start the server and I choose KDE 3.2 and loging as the usual-user the kde starts and I see the icons appear in the start-up box until it gets to the desk-top icon and stays there for while and nothing else happen. Start-up box (Splash screen) disappears and the only thing I see is the background image. I can not do anything (right-click, left-click etc).

BUT when I login as root everything is okay.

I tried to introduce a new user to the system and again same things happend as for usual-user.

Can anyone help me please.

Bahman

Bahman