[kde-linux] Count idle time...

Pollywog linux-kde at shadypond.com
Tue Aug 9 17:47:18 UTC 2005

On 08/09/2005 05:39 pm, Jonathan Chen (jonachen) wrote:
> It's worth checking out...
>
> But it might be best to find a program that tells me the statistic of X
> session being idle like the 'w' command.  I wish the 'w' command can
> detect X session too.  Then I would have working bash script. =(

I just tried something and it worked.  I put a script in ~/bin/kde_logout:
#!/bin/sh
dcop ksmserver ksmserver logout 0 0 0

Then on the command line I did this and walked away for 5 mins:

xautolock -time 5 -locker bin/kde_logout &

I returned 5 mins later and I had been logged out of my idle kde session.

8)