[Kde-l10n-kn] umesh_progress_03_09_07

Umesh Rudrapatna umeshrs at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 21:27:20 CEST 2007

a. Progress this week-
Planned activity for this week (as per my last mail)-
>>kdelibs4.po - Add another 200 strings (these are really long ones!!) and
make kdelibs4.po >>2163/2260 (that will break the kde threshold)
>>desktop_kdelibs.po - Add another 100 strings to bring it to at least
300/353

Work completed-
kdelibs4.po now stands at 2189/2260, (more than what I thought I could do).
desktop_kdelibs.po now stands at 312/315 (the no of strings got reduced due
to change in template).

b. Planned activity for coming week 04-09-07-10-09-07
Complete 900/1838 strings of desktop_kdebase.pot

d. Other issues/suggestions (sorry for breaking the order)
i. strings_for_revision-
I guess we will have to retain ಸಂಜ್ಞೆ for symbol and ಪ್ರತೀಕ does not fit the
bill most of the time. Then,  as per standards, there will be a clash with
signal! But I guess that will be ok from the context for the time being,
unless we find it necessary to change. In any case, I will look out for
alternative suggestions.

c.New words used-
 Composer   ರಚನಕಾರ
 Fax   ಕ್ರಮರವಾನೆ