[Kde-kiosk] how to force users to log into KDE (modify KDM menu)

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Thu Jun 23 14:37:01 CEST 2005

On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 10:08:42AM +0100, Russell Brown wrote:
> >what kdm really thinks can be figured out by starting it with -debug 2
> >and reading the [sys]log.
>
> FWIW, -debug 2 doesn't seem enough, I have to go to -debug 8 before
> there's any mention of "/usr/share/xsessions" (the effective config dir
> on my system) in the logs.

ah, damn, i forgot that i removed the particular debug output (it
wasn't exactly helpful to mere mortals anyway). a proper replacement is
todo as well.

> >as the readme states, you have to make the sessions dir in the config
> >dir known to kdm, unless your distributor did it for you already. your's
> >didn't.
>
> As described above.  Working out the "config dir known to kdm" is not
> trivial :-(

yes, indeed. i guess the default installation should set this up
already instead of merely suggesting it. we'll need it anyway for the
graphical frontend.

... and we need to make lauri work full-time on kde docs, so she can
finally make the kdm doc really good. :)