[Kde-java] Java 1.5, KWin and rolled windows

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Jul 23 13:33:45 CEST 2007

On Monday 23 July 2007, Cesar Martinez Izquierdo wrote:
> Egon Willighagen escribió:
> > With 'rolled up' you mean the effect you get when double clicking the
> > title bar, correct?
>
> Yes, I mean that effect.
>
> > I know this is not really helpful... but glad to see others found this
> > behavior too :)
>
> Well, it's better than nothing. At least we know it isn't just our
> application's problem.
> Maybe I open a bug in KWin and see what Kwin developers think about.

You should also file a bug report with SUN. If it worked before it is a
regression and they are quite serious about those.

For some reasons their current AWT peers or Java2D implementation seems to
have some strange issues with different window managers.
I have heard reports of Java windows not showing any content at all if run
under Compiz or Beryl.

Would be interesting do know which behavior you get with different JRE's

> Is there any way to disable rolled-up windows in KWin?

You could try to override using window specific settings.

Cheers.
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring