[Kde-java] UnsatisfiedLinkError

Clint Allen clint at olympus.ws
Thu Oct 7 07:11:12 CEST 2004

Actually, it's still not quite working.  After adding the code you
suggested, the app does start up but still throws the
UnsatisfiedLinkError:

[Loaded org.kde.koala.kdejava from
file:/home/clint/eclipseWorkspace/Kifupdown/dist/Kifupdown/lib/koala-3.2.3.jar]
[Signaling in VM: java/lang/UnsatisfiedLinkError, message:
/usr/local/IBMJava2-142/jre/bin/libkdejava.so:
/usr/local/IBMJava2-142/jre/bin/libkdejava.so: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory]
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:2120)
        at org.kde.koala.kdejava.initialize(kdejava.java:29)
        at org.kde.koala.kdejava.<clinit>(kdejava.java:36)
        at ws.olympus.kde.java.kifupdown.Main.main(Main.java:68)

I see that it's trying to find the *.so files in $JAVA_HOME/bin.  I have
the "-Djava.library.path" option set correctly, and even tried setting
LD_LIBRARY_PATH in my launch script, AND added /usr/lib/jni to
/etc/ld.so.conf and ran ldconfig.  Any ideas why it's doing this?  Am I
making a dumb mistake somewhere?