[Kde-java] Where is QMap

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Sat Oct 2 17:28:06 CEST 2004

On Saturday 02 October 2004 16:14, David Goodenough wrote:
> I realise that without the new features of Java-5 QMap may be of little
> use, or rather will require lots of explicit casting, but where it is?
>
> I am trying to go through all the Qt Designer manual examples, and to
> convert them into Java, and I got to the main window example and found
> that this class does not exist.  I could use a Java Map object, but I am
> not quite sure where this is sufficiently the same.
Currently that type isn't supported - it should be a java HashMap. The QtRuby
bindings marshall it to a Ruby Hash. I'll add it if I've got time - the KDE
3.3.1 release doesn't get tagged until 8:00, so I've got an hour or two, but
I still haven't built the KDE classes yet, just QtJava.

BTW, I've fixed the QWidget::polish() loop bug.

-- Richard