[Kde-java] kdebindings compile problem

Richard Dale kde-java@kde.org
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 18:31:17 +0000

On Sunday 17 February 2002 9:31 pm, KJ P wrote:
> Hello Richard
>
> Well finally got my computer built, installed and running KDE CVS Main
> 2002/02/16.  One small little problem with compiling kdebindings.  The
> other bindings compiled OK.  qtjava.jar exists.
>
> KKey.cpp: In function `jint Java_org_kde_koala_KKey_key(JNIEnv *, _jobject
> *)':
> KKey.cpp:172: no matching function for call to `KKey::key ()'
>
> Sorry did not have time to look at it.  Still trying to figure all this new
> stuff out.  Hope to be able to fix these and send patches (when I learn
> how) in the future.
Most fixes are just commenting out things which don't compile. When too much
of a class no longer builds, then it needs to be regenerated again from the
current header. So any help with maintaining the bindings by doing that sort
of thing is welcome..

It looks like the KKey header has changed. I'll try and get my version of
kdelibs current this week, fix this and make sure they bindings compile ok.

> Question, if I wanted to fix this would I still have to build all of
> kdebindings just to see if it compiled or not or could I build
> incrementally the module to see if it worked?  Sorry still new at this.
> Second time I ever used CVS and first time compiling KDE.
But just comment out any methods, like 'KKey.key()', which don't compile. As
long as they aren't essential (eg QApplication.exec() ) the bindings will
still work ok.