[Kde-imaging] Getting started with kipiplugins

Kevin Dalley kevin at kelphead.org
Tue Jun 18 22:45:37 UTC 2013

I admit that I'm a bit lost.

I don't see clear instructions and building and testing kipi plugins.

I checked out digikam from git.

Ran:
cmake . -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE=ON
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debian -DDIGIKAMSC_USE_PRIVATE_KDEGRAPHICS=ON
-DENABLE_LCMS2=ON -DKDE4_BUILD_TESTS=on -DENABLE_PRIVATE_KDEGRAPHICS=ON

compiled.

copied kxmlkipicmd_defaultui.rc to $HOME/.kde/share/apps/kxmlkipicmd

Ran:
  ./kxmlkipicmd --selectedimages /home/kevin/tmp/4db62b8ab6cfd.jpg

No kipi plugins were found, my installed version of kipi is newer than
the source code version.

How can I specify directories for the kipi plugins. I want to use them
built in place.

I had hoped that various README files would start me out with the
correct steps.