[Kde-imaging] plugins and localization

Fabien fabien.ubuntu at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 18:58:49 CEST 2007

Hi,

Gilles Caulier wrote:

> 2007/6/7, Angelo Naselli <anaselli at linux.it
> <mailto:anaselli at linux.it>>:
>      > > >
>      > > > Why not to do in the future a single kipi-plugins.po
>     translations files
>      > > > witch includes all plugins at the same time ?
>      > > why don't you didi it in past?
>      > > I don't know really, if a big po file is right.
>      >
>      > The advantage is simple: it will reduce dupplicate strings, and
>     simplify
>      > translators jobs. We have do it without problem with
>     DigikamImagePlugins
>      > when it have been merged to digiKam core.

Yes, it was true for that. But digikam and digikamplugins are closely
integrated...

>     hmm at this point the best could be doing that when we pass on trunk,
>     don't know if it is the case in beta time.
>
> sure, in trunk only (KDE4), not for next release (KDE3)
>
> I would to have more viewpoints from translators in this room. What do
> you think about a single kipi-plugins.po file to translate ?

I'm not sure it's a good idea... Right now, there are multiple
translators for these plugins. There are many many strings and topics
are different. Personally, I won't work on all plugins translations...

But, it's true that the main advantage would be to have coherent
translations...

--
Fabien