[Kde-imaging] library versioning question

Tom Albers tomalbers at kde.nl
Mon Sep 25 09:59:59 CEST 2006

Op Monday 25 September 2006 09:23, schreef Angelo Naselli:
> > > Next release of libkipi is binary incompatible so the version has to
> > > change

I really did miss that commit ;-) As far as I saw only members where added,
not parameters changed or swapped or that kind of stuff. Can you point me to
the correct commits?

> > > and not with minor number.

The lib-version numbering is not similar to application numbering, there are
rules. If only methods are added then the middle number has to increase if i
recall correctly.

> > > Maybe we can forget libkexif soon, but the versions are wrong anyway.

Again, I don't recall any commits to libkexif since the release, so a new
version number should not be needed.

> I'm not sure of that, but surely we won't release it any more if not
> necessary. If someone wants to use libkexif can go on with the project
> without us.

Yes, and the tarball is at sourceforge for those who want to use it. But it
can stay in svn if you prefer that....

Tom
/me can be found at #rsibreak