[Kde-imaging] extragear/libs/kipi-plugins (and common dir)

=?UTF-8?Q?Aur=C3=A9lien_G=C3=A2teau_ aurelien.gateau at free.fr
Sat Oct 7 17:32:00 CEST 2006

On Sat, 7 Oct 2006 11:30:19 +0200, Angelo Naselli <anaselli at linux.it> wrote:
[snip]
>> Another thing I'm working on, in the spare time (unfortunately very
> little
>> in these days) is to have a common about dialog interface.
>> I mean having something like KipipluginsAboutData that
>> extends KAboutData and contains all the data that is in common for
>> all the plugins, e.g. kipi-plugins web page, version, maybe logo,...
>> and that needs data like plugins name, maybe version, description
>> authors and license.
[snip]
>> In that way I'd prefer a share library instead, something like
> libkipipluginsstuff.
> Ehm, it was an invitation ti a discussion of corse so I should have
> finished with,
> WDYT?

I see what you mean. In this case, I think it would make sense to move UploadWidget and ImageCollectionDialog to this lib. Unless we want to allow host app to provide their implementation via a factory (something like KIPI::Interface::createImageCollectionDialog() for example)

So the rule could be: if it can be overloaded by host apps, put it in libkipi. Otherwise, put it in libkipipluginsstuff (I'm not fond of this name, but I understand what it means)