[Kde-imaging] extragear/libs/kipi-plugins/slideshow

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Wed Nov 15 10:37:05 CET 2006

On Wednesday 15 November 2006 11:21, Angelo Naselli wrote:
> > This is duing about to allocate KPAboutData on the heap like this :
> >
> > KIPIPlugins::KPAboutData * about = new KIPIPlugins::KPAboutData(...);
> >
> > ... and pass it to KHelpMenu as well. I have seen the same problem into
> > DigikamImagePlugins. The solution is simple : just delete KPAboutData
> > instance container when dialog is destructed.
> >
> > I suspect a bug in KHelpMenu API witch unallocate properlly the about
> > data container.
>
> hmm, how about the "normal" kaboutdata? wasn't it removed well?
> I'm confused

Item. the problem come from KHelpMenu witch un-allocate properlly the about
container when it's destructed. We just take to destroy it yourself in the
plugins implementation.

> > Attached a patch for MetadataEdit::ExifDialog (:=)))...
>
> If you've really found a problem (as I believe) commit it :)

My patch is just an example for ExifDialog implementation. In fact, IPTCdialog
and _all_ other plugin dialogs must be fixed in the same way.

I'm too buzy for that. If you can do it... (:=)))

> > Note : testing an implementation with valgrind is always a big help from
> > developpers...
>
> That's true, and i'll take care of that doing my testing from now on, even
> if not having a powerful machine is a nightmear for that...