[Kde-imaging] About next release

Aurelien Gateau aurelien.gateau at free.fr
Tue Apr 11 22:47:43 CEST 2006

Le Mardi 11 Avril 2006 21:09, Vardhman Jain a écrit :
> Hi all,
>          This is probably off-topic but in relation to kipi-plugins
> release.
>
>           I was just wondering if its really possible to have the kipi
> plugins almost plug and play. I mean in most applications you simply
> download the plugin and select the downloaded file to load the plugin thats
> all. If this can be done for kipi-plugins somehow I guess they will be much
> more user friendly and also the updates in them would be easier.

While I totally agree with you on the usefullness of such a system, the only
solution I can think of would be to develop the plugins using a script
language such as Python, Perl or Ruby, which do not require any compilation.

There might be some performance issue, but it would be really nice. I use
PyKDE at work and I can assure you it's really pleasant and efficient to work
with.