[Kde-imaging] Problem Building from SVN

Vardhman Jain vardhman at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 07:37:43 CEST 2005

> > > In file included from kexifdata.cpp:39:
> > > kexifdata.h:73: error: visibility arg must be one of "default",
> > > "hidden", "protected" or "internal"
> >
> > one more try.

Finally the problem is solved. There seems to be a big BUG in
kdemacros.h supplied with Fedora Core 3. I finally read about this
visibility arg and read the file kdemacros.h to see the definition of
KDE_EXPORT and of-course this is what was creating all the problem

#define KDE_EXPORT __attribute__((visibility("visible"))); //KDE
MACROS.h line number 39
on changing the "visible" string to default compilation is working
well. Now as the compiler says visibility arg must be "default",
"hidden", "protected" or "internal", I don't understand how
kdemacros.h can have it as "visible".

---
Vardhman