[Kde-imaging] kipi-plugins: dist. & (c)

Achim Bohnet ach at mpe.mpg.de
Mon Nov 8 22:37:47 CET 2004

Hi,
while I scanning the header of the source files:

o fixed a typo (already commited)

  * and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General
- * Public License as published bythe Free Software Foundation;
+ * Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation;
  * either version 2, or (at your option)

o No copyright and/or distrib. rights header

 calendar/main.cpp (only a test file I guess)
 jpeglossless/mtqueue.h
 kameraklient/cameraselection.cpp
 kameraklient/cameraselection.h
 kameraklient/mtqueue.h
 kameraklient/mtlist.h
 kameraklient/savefiledialog.cpp
 kameraklient/savefiledialog.h
 kameraklient/thumbitem.cpp
 kameraklient/thumbitem.h
 kameraklient/thumbview.cpp
 kameraklient/thumbview.h

o FWIW: Listed as authors without copyright notice (well, no
  problem if they don't want a (c) ;)

 jpeglossless/jpegtransform.{h,cpp}
  Marcel Wiesweg, Ralf Hoelzer

 kameraklient/cameraui.cpp
  Gilles Caulier

o jpeglossless/jpegint.h & jinclude.h

 are copies from libjpeg62 and the header refers to
  * Copyright (C) 1991-1997, Thomas G. Lane.
  * This file is part of the Independent JPEG Group's software.
  * For conditions of distribution and use, see the accompanying README file.
 I didn't find this README in the sources.
 Checking the /usr/share/doc/libjpeg62/README.gz:

(1) If any part of the source code for this software is distributed, then this
README file must be included, with this copyright and no-warranty notice
unaltered; and any additions, deletions, or changes to the original files
must be clearly indicated in accompanying documentation.
(2) If only executable code is distributed, then the accompanying
documentation must state that "this software is based in part on the work of
the Independent JPEG Group".

 (1) -->a README.libjpeg62 or jpeglossless/libjpeg.README is needed
 (2) --> at least kipi-plugins README needs a note "this software ..."
 If no one disagree I commit these 2 changes.

 Gilles: I guess you know best were to pub the sentense in
  the kipi-plugin docs.

 jpegint.h: not included in jpeglossless/*.  -> and on
  debian identical file in in /usr/include   --> remove it?
 jinlude.h: include in transup.c which seems to be in real use

Achim
                                      -- reddy at lion.austin.ibm.com