[Kde-imaging] debian subdirs

Achim Bohnet ach at mpe.mpg.de
Tue Jul 27 18:54:50 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 27 July 2004 17:49, Renchi Raju wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004, Achim Bohnet wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > is it okay to add debian subdir in libexif, libkipi &
> > kipi-plugins?   KDEs cvs is full of them but I nevertheless
> > want to ask.
> >
> > to make it easier to build test pkg from/in cvs tree
> > I've created simple configure wrapper:
> >
> > $ cat libkexif/configure
> > #!/bin/sh
> > cd .. && ./configure "$@"
> > $

Well this did not work for kipi-plugins.  I've automated the
cvs -> tar + builds now.

> > In case I find no better hack to fool deb build chain can
> > I commit too?
>
> don't take this the bad way: but Paul Telford is the debian packager for
> digikam and digikamplugins and I assume he will be taking over the
> packaging of kipi-plugins and libkexif as well. i don't know how things
> work in this case, but i would assume the official maintainer is the one
> who populates the debian subdirs, in order to avoid any
> redundancies/conflicts. i have CCed paul in this mail, so that you can
> talk this over and come to a resolution.

Hi Renchi,

I've contacted Paul before starting the pkging.  He's too busy right now
to do it.  When there will be a (pre)release we discuss the topic
again.  Maybe he takes them, or one of the other DD that maintains a
app using kipi-plugins? Or I do the ITP, or maybe a kipi team with
an uploader.  Well see ...

Mhmm, I'll add a Debian.README with something like above paragraph.

Getting 'my' work into cvs is one way to prevent redundancies.
If the final DD throws away my work or picks up where I stoped
with digikam* like Paul did, I don't care as long are there is a
pkg available ;)

Achim

                                      -- reddy at lion.austin.ibm.com