[Kde-imaging] Re: kdeextragear-libs-1/libkipi/libkipi

Renchi Raju renchi at pooh.tam.uiuc.edu
Mon Jul 12 18:59:28 CEST 2004

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004, Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:

> On Friday 09 July 2004 16:02, Renchi Raju wrote:
> | CVS commit by pahlibar:
> |

> | if a plugin is in the ignore list for a host, absolutely do not load
> | the plugin.
> I dont really know about this.
> I think there are two kind of black lists:
> 1) hard blacklists - This is plugins that for sure cannot work in the host app
> 2) soft blacklists - This is plugins that simply make little sence in the host
> app, examples would be the camera plugin for digikam, and the description
> editor for KimDaBa. Some users might want to use these features nevertheless.
>
> Anyway, let it just be like it is for now, later versions of KIPI can make the
> above distinguishing.

you are right. but for eg, if I put a plugin on the ignore list, i would
never really bother to check how well the plugin interacts with the host
app. this can end up causing big problems as bugs in the plugin and/or the
interaction can crash the host app and users will blame the host app for
that. for eg, since kameraclient has a lot of inherited code from digikam,
there is class name conflict and there were really wierd crashes and it
took me some time to figure out what was going on.

renchi