[Kde-i18n-fa] New HOWTO

Abbas Izad abbasizad at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 25 12:41:30 CEST 2003

>From: Aryan Ameri <a.ameri at linuxiran.org>
>To: KDE Farsi translation <kde-i18n-fa at mail.kde.org>
>Subject: Re: [Kde-i18n-fa] New HOWTO
>Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 11:53:41 +0300
>
>On Wednesday 25 June 2003 11:27, Arash Zeini wrote:
> > Dear All,
> >
> > Abbas Izad has kindly provided us with a typing howto in Farsi, which
> > he translated from Aryan's translation howto.
>
>Kudos to Abbas.
>
> >You can find it here:
> >
> > http://www.farsikde.org/writing.php
> >
> > Please have a look at it and let us know if you have any feedback.
>
>Some feedback:
>IMHO Keyboard should be translated "Safhe Kelid". It has been like this
>all trough KDE. Why did you use "Takhte Kelid" here?

I think it is a better translated word for keyboard.
I would have translated to Safhe kelid if it was keyscreen or keypage
But for consistancy with rest of KDE it is fine by me to change it to
whatever.

>Screenshots should be taken from a standard KDE 3.1 The KDE that The KDE
>ships, is a bit different from the one that Mandrake, RedHat, SuSE, and
>others ship. In order to avoid favouring a specific distro, we should
>use original KDE screenshots, not those form Mandrake.

I agree with you BUT most (none Debian users) users use one these distros.
It is fine by me to change or as an example leave it right after a
screenshot
from a standard KDE. This is to show newbies the differences.

>I can provide such screenshots, if everyone agree to replace those
>Mandrake Screenshots.

Good idea! Thanks.