[kde-i18n-el] Re: Outil de statistiques de traductions pour l'équipe grecque

Dimitrios Glentadakis dglent at gmail.com
Mon May 16 21:04:32 CEST 2011

Στις Δευτέρα 16 Μάιος 2011 11:46:48 Sébastien Renard γράψατε:
> Le dimanche 15 mai 2011 20:02:45, Dimitrios Glentadakis a écrit :
> > Bonjour Sébastien,
>
> γειά σου !
>
> > je voudrais te demander si c'est possible d'avoir cette
> > outil pour les traductions http://fr.l10n.kde.org/apps/translators.php
> > pour l'équipe de traduction grecque.
>
> Sure. It is free sofware ;-)
>
> You'll find code here:
> https://github.com/digitalfox/py10n
>
> Documentation is quite poor. But I would be very happy to help you to use this
> tool.
>
> I did not change the code since some time, but I would be happy to work on it
> again if it needs some tweaks for the Greek team. If someone want to help
> hacking, he is welcome, of course. It is written in Python with the Django
> framework. For the database, you can use any database supported by Django
> (mysql, sqlite, postgres).

Sébastien thanks very much for your reply i appreciate it
For the technical part of the configuration i ask in our team who is the most appropriate person for this as and thanks again that you propose to help for this.

> > En fait, cela nous intéresse d'organiser un peu mieux les processus de
> > traductions, que chaque traducteur puisse suivre des éventuelles
> > modifications des fichiers avec une manière facile. A peu prés à la façon
> > de l'équipe française.
> >
> > Si il n'y a pas d'inconvenient, tu pourras aussi nous répondre sur la liste
> > de l'équipe grecque : kde-i18n-el at kde.org pour nous indiquer les solutions
> > possibles pour l'organisation de l'équipe.
>

> Basically, we have always one translator responsible for each .po file. Before
> starting to work on a file, the translator asks the coordinator (mostly by
> mail) to book a file.
> The py10n tool provide a command line interface (easy to use) and a web GUI
> (not very used) to allow the coordinator to update the translators database
> (add translator, book a file, switch a module from stable to trunk etc.).

Its about what we would like to do, it's true that we dont have a specific decision of what excactly we need (for that we take the example of the french team) but its sure that spliting the tasks makes better the work and may motivate more people to participate and take responsabilities, and in the other hand to keep and improve the quality of the translations and maybe speeding them as the greek team has much work to do yet.

> On the backend, the py10n tool use an SVN checkout (locale .po and templates
> .pot) to look to new/deleted/moved files and update the database.
> It creates static three HTML files  (3 for apps, 3 for docs) :
> - .po page (like http://fr.l10n.kde.org/apps/pofiles.php)
> - translator page. Same things, but grouped by translator (like
> http://fr.l10n.kde.org/apps/translators.php)
> - stats page (http://fr.l10n.kde.org/apps/stats.php)
>
> Plus some XML files to displays pology check_rules/check_spell errors on the
> web interface.
>
> Those files are commited on KDE SVN and hosted on KDE l10n.kde.org website.
>
> Server parts it fully static and integrates with current l10n.kde.org website.
> We did not want to depends on KDE server and add load on it, so all logic is
> done outside.
>
> Booking update, stats and page computation is done on local side. On
> coordinator computer.
> For the french team, we splitted this job in two parts: one for docs (Ludovic
> Grossard, in CC: of this mail) one for apps (me). So there's two booking
> database and two separate pages generation: one for docs and one for apps. But
> the tool allow you to handle a single database for apps and doc if you prefer.
>
> Templates are properly separate from code logic, so you can easily customise
> it to integrate into another website.
> But I have to confess that actual templates are in french and not
> translatables without hacking it directly. That's not smart, particulary for a
> translator tool ! But it could be quite easy to make it translatable (yes,
> with a real .po file !). Not a big issue.

Personaly i like the way that the tool manage the team and the translators (and congratulations for this) and i would like  to see it in our team too.
I will wait to have the opinion of the other members too and our team leader Petros Vidalis.

Mes salutations

--
Dimitrios Glentadakis

> Congrats for your french, it is very impressive. I am not able to answer in
> greek ;-)

Because i'm living in France (Cannes) more than 10 years (mais j'ai toujours gardé mon petit accent :D )