[Kde-hardware-devel] GSoC Proposal : S.M.A.R.T HDD health and ISO file / optical disk management

Alex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Sun Mar 18 01:24:42 UTC 2012

I like the proposal, it fits in our plan of creating a new small application
to manage disks and isos :)

Though it is true that a few things within your proposal are already written,
you will have to work on an asbtraction since we don't want to depend on any
specific software, for example UDisk2 is on its way and if I'm not mistaken it
has less features than UDisk1.

Very same thing goes for mounting ISO's, we will have to figure out the best
way of doing this and integrate it nicely in the workspace.

About using libk3b we will have to study if it is worth using it (I don't know
anything about it) and who knows if we will need to split it a little bit (if
current k3b developers agree on it).

To sump up, it may not seem enough work for 3 months but it is, documentation,
unittests etc should be included.

If you want, we can have a small Voip/irc meeting maybe together with Dario
and finish the Proposal.

Cheers !