[Kde-hardware-devel] Solid & Firewire devices

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Wed Sep 22 23:23:00 CEST 2010

Hello!

I would be interested to integrate Solid in Kdenlive (video editor) to detect
when a (firewire) camcorder is plugged in. I made a few tests following the
solid tutorials, but I am unable to get access to the Device through Solid,

My firewire camcorder is listed when querying through:
Solid::Device::allDevices()

but when using Solid::Device::listFromType(), I tried all available types
without success.

when using solid-hardware like this:

solid-hardware nonportableinfo 'guid'

with the guid of my firewire device as shown in Solid::Device::allDevices(), I
get a list of properties that are interesting to me (Camera name, vendor,
...). Using solid-hardware details 'guid' shows nothing (empty vendor and
product).

So my question is: is there a way to query the ieee1394 devices through Solid?

Thanks for your help,

regards
jb