[Kde-hardware-devel] e-Sata and solid.

Lamarque Vieira Souza lamarque at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 01:42:44 CEST 2010

Em Sunday 19 September 2010, Hugo Parente Lima escreveu:
> Hi;
>
> When I connect a e-SATA HD on my computer solid says nothing, is this a bug
> in my distro (archlinux), a unsupported feature or something that should
> work but isn't... in other words, should I file a bug report?
>
> Btw when I say Solid I mean the plasma applet, hehe.
>
> P.S.: Kernel reports the e-SATA connection and disconnection and I'm able
> to mount/umount by command line.

	You have to tell hald to do not ignore your hard driver's partittion.
Copy the attached file to /etc/hal/fdi/policy/40-e-sata.fdi, change the udi to
match your driver's partition udi, restarts hald, unplug your disk, wait 15s
to hal to remove all information about the disk, then plug the disk again.

	You can find your disk udi using the other attached script:

find_disk_udi /dev/sdb

	Change /dev/sdb to your driver's device path.

--
Lamarque V. Souza
http://www.geographicguide.com/brazil.htm