[Kde-hardware-devel] KIO Bluetooth for KDE 4.5

Eduardo Robles Elvira edulix at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 15:01:08 CET 2010

Hello fellow developers!

As Afiestas mentioned, together with him and Ereslibre, I'm working in
KDE bluetooth future. We divided the work and I'm in charge of the
bluetooth KIOs. In this email I'll try to explain what is the working
plan and what has been done so far. Basically, there will be two
bluetooth-aware KIOs:

The bluetooth KIO is in charge of accessing to bluetooth devices that
support filebrowsing. It thus lists those devices with an Obex FTP
Server, lets you browse their file hierarchy and copy/move/remove
files.

On the other hand, the remote KIO will be able to discover bluetooth
devices and their services, with the help of Solid. For example it
will let you do pairing with devices, launching the corresponding
wizard, or browse their files using the previously mentioned KIO.

So what's the state of the art? Well, a work in progress. At the
moment the bluetooth KIO is already listing bluetooth devices. At the
end of the week we hope to have something more appealing that is worth
of being hold in playground.

Regards
---
Edulix aka Eduardo Robles Elvira