[Kde-hardware-devel] UPnP: integration with coherence

Armijn Hemel armijn at uulug.nl
Thu Nov 27 23:42:38 CET 2008

hiya,

at the Embedded Linux Conference Europe 2008 I talked to Frank Scholz
who works on Coherence, which is a UPnP A/V framework. The ideas
Coherence uses are very similar to what I think we should have: using a
daemon, not a library to handle things like eventing, cleaning up
requests and so on. They already have a lot of stuff done (well, they
use Twisted, so they already get a lot of stuff for free).

The code is MIT licensed, which is, according to Adriaan, OK to use
within KDE.

http://coherence.beebits.net/

Any pros/cons that you can think of?

armijn