[kde-guidelines] Styleguide: Status bar

Björn Balazs b at lazs.de
Wed Nov 6 10:44:44 UTC 2013

Am Montag, 4. November 2013, 17:34:39 schrieb Heiko Tietze:

> I would be glad with a general switch that shows SB for all apps or not. The
> guideline would only state to make all functions available in another way.
> But I'm afraid that an option like this can be accomplished only by the
> window manager and has a major impact on the whole system. Martin wrote
> something in this regard...

+1 for that.

I think one of the core selling points of KDE is configurability. And this
does not mean that the SB should only be switched out stupidly on a general
level - this setting could be activities- and even (K)screen-specific.
Resulting in something like: "when I watch movies on my TV, turn it off,
otherwise leave it on"

--
www.OpenUsability.org
www.User-Prompt.com