[kde-guidelines] CVS

Lauri Watts lauri at kde.org
Thu Oct 28 10:19:26 CEST 2004

On Thursday 28 October 2004 09.05, zander at kde.org wrote:

> The only thing I want to suggest is to s/plainhtml/plain-html/
> or s/multi-html/multihtml/ for consistency.
> Another option would be to
>     html (for the multi-page expading-tricks version)
>         /simple (for the simple-one-page)
>         /plain  (for the plain-multi-page-html)

Much better names than I came up with.  I'll use these, unless there are any
other suggestions.

> A question;  the html dirs in any of its versions don't really need files
> in them (in cvs that is), do they?  So these could simply be auto-created
> at doc-generation time. Right?

Right but, that would require someone with access to the server to run the
script now and then.

> Or do you plan to put the generated docs in CVS?

I know that we have some cool plans underway for auto-generation by the
webserver itself, so i wasn't planning to, but I have been thinking.  I can
easily run a script here, once a day or whatever, and have it commit changes,
or anyone else can do the same.  I don't know if anyone has access to a shell
on the webserver that can do the same.    Maybe it's just easier to take the
low road and commit them.

--
Lauri Watts
KDE Documentation: http://docs.kde.org