[Kde-graphics-devel] Animated tooltips

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Wed Dec 15 18:23:23 CET 2004

Hey,

it'd be nice to have a little more attractive tooltips. I know Aaron
wanted to replace the menu button zooming in kicker with something like
a nice tooltip.

Personally I like the ones Enrico created for kpdf. I was trying to
figure out whether there's some decent animation which we could add to
it to make it even more attractive (yes, lately I'm on a animation trip
lately, there's just not enough animation in kde, it's too static for
me :) ) For now the answer is "hell, no". I'm attaching an example
showing animated tooltips.
Compile with "qmake" and "make", then run with "./weird".

I was toying with the idea of creating an opengl widget and rotating the
pixmap about the y-axis, but so far I haven't had the time to do that.

Any ideas on how to make it more attractive without inducing violent
behavior among users?

Zack

--
The 'gui' in 'penguin' is pronounced K-D-E