Starting today, all 40 KDE Gear game apps (& 2 libs) are Qt6/KF6-only in master

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 01:58:01 BST 2023

Great work, Friedrich and Albert!!!

The gameplay and visuals of these games are (relatively) bug-free, so mostly they need to be adapted to changes in the underlying libraries. It is great that you are doing that work and saving the KDE Games from withering on the vine.

I still enjoy playing them, though only on an old Apple machine, using the last Macports Qt4 versions.

All the best,
Ian W.

P.S. This year is the "Diamond Jubilee" of my first computer program, written on a Ferranti Sirius in a language called Autocoder, which was somewhat closer to machine language than assembly language.

I am proud that my contributions to KDE Games are now the longest-lived of any programs I have ever written since then, and that is thanks to you guys!!!