[Kde-games-devel] Moving on with KF5 versions

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 12:16:54 UTC 2015

On 04/01/2015, at 10:57 PM, Albert Astals Cid wrote:

> So once we have stablished that KF5 version of libkdegames is co-installable,
> the plan is release libkdegames5 on next Applications release.
>
> Which is the first game we should aim for having a KF5 version in master?

Does it matter much?  As long as each end-user can get his/her favourite
game(s) in one form or the other (KDE4 or KF5).  It is not as if the gameplay,
graphics or look-and-feel are going to change, is it? So…

  1. Alphabetical order
  2. Presumed order of popularity with users
  3. Reverse of presumed order of popularity with users
  4. Depending on availability of testers and testers' choices

I think I prefer 4 or 3.  4 would enhance overall reliability in the first few
KF5 games released.  3 would minimise impact of any mistakes we may
make in the first games released with KF5… ;-)

Cheers, Ian W.