[Kde-games-devel] Kolf release schedule

Eugene Trounev eugene.trounev at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 22:45:01 CET 2009

On Monday 16 of February 2009 15:19:41 Stefan Majewsky wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> there is much to do in Kolf 2. I'll be doing the port to ODE (Open Dynamics
> Engine) this week, and hope to get a first basic editor interface in March.
> By then, we would still be lacking artwork, some basic objects, a lot of
> polish, and level sets.
>
> Therefore, I'm afraid that Kolf 2 won't make it into 4.3.
That's fine. Don't rush with it. Kolf1 has always been rushed. It didn't do it
any good.

> Yet, some people
> were only some months ago concerned that Kolf 1 can possibly not be
> released; it's lacking a maintainer and suffers from some serious bugs. So
> what to do?
Don't worry. I highly doubt anyone plays Kolf anymore. And those who do can
still play it for yet another release cycle. There is no harm there. Take all
the time you need.

> I would like to know very soon if I need to target 4.3 as the release date
> for Kolf 2.0 because I could in the other case offer some of the game's
> components for GSoC.
That's a great idea. You cans till offer some parts to GSoC. Like for instance
3D engine. Don't be shy.