[Kde-games-devel] New bugs mailing list

Wed Sep 24 18:32:58 CEST 2008

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 18:01, Matthew Woehlke <> wrote:

> (Can I ask you to stop publishing my raw e-mail address all over the web?)

Yes you can. As I said back in August, I can not promise I will remember
at all times, though. Especially since you seem to be the only person to
mind.
Also, while most MUAs (for example KMail) seem to default to including
the address of whoever you reply to on a list, you can at least change the
reply string, with them.
This is simply not possible with GMail.

While I agree that not sending the the address can be a good thing, I
doubt its use. Unless a spammer's spider finds the archive pages
by accident, chances are they will harvest the archives as well as
having a leech subcribed to the lists of all larger projects automagically.

To summarize, I will continue to try my best to honour your request, but
the only ways to comply 100% of the time would be to stop participating
on all lists you are involved in or to change my MUA for list mail, both
of which I can not do.
Especially since the people who complain about GMail's behaviour in
this regard are very few, namely one.

> If that's the consensus, then I'd go with my previous suggestion; bounce
> any mail that wasn't sent by bugzilla (and set reply-to either to the
> address that makes comments in b.k.o, assuming that feature is working,
> or else to this list).

Yes, that would be easy to do. I simply wanted to point out that it should
be checked.

Richard