[Kde-games-devel] Bomberman

Mathias Kraus k.hias at gmx.de
Sun Aug 10 14:37:00 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm Mathias, or short Hias here in Bavaria, and a KDE user since a few years.
During an intership in California I used to play clanbomber with my roommates
and we got addicted to it. Unfortunately the internship ends far too early and
as we all live at different places, we couldn't play anymore, so I decided to
make a bomberman game that can be played over network. A year later I finally
get time to start and as I'm a KDE user and have a little Qt knowledge I
thought I make it a KDE game.
So far I have some basic Qt code for moving and placing bombs, but it seems
kapman from playground is very similar to what I want to do, so I thought I
use it as base for granatier (yes, I spent the whole year for finding a name
and now I notice I have no K in it ;) ). I also had a look at the code from
clanbomber, but it was not easy understandable for me. I also know that there
is kamikaze at kde-apps, but it's a KDE3 game and I don't know if it's easy to
port to KDE4 especially since it seems to be very basic and kapman seems to be
more like what I want to do.

So what do you think, would it be better to port the KDE3 game and enhance it
or take the kapman code?

Best regards,
Hias