[Kde-games-devel] GGZ / KDE games multiplayer

Nicholas Robbins nrrobbin at umcg.org
Wed May 23 03:59:31 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 22 May 2007 01:50:13 am Josef Spillner wrote:
> Ahoi,
>
> On Monday 21 May 2007 13:13:13 Nicholas Robbins wrote:
> > > The "slowly" is the unforunate part here. I admit I spent more time
> > > painting the walls of my new flat than coding during the last weekends
> > > :) As it looks like, KReversi can be finished in time but I'm not sure
> > > about the others. Volunteers wanted, I can help but I cannot do all the
> > > coding.
> >
> > I'd like to volunteer for this.   Sounds fun.
>
> Good. Which game should we pick beside KReversi? Andreas mentioned KWin4.
> Given that we already have a simple KConnectX client in GGZ (that's a
> different name for the same game), it should be an easy target and we can
> replace KConnectX, which is only a test game anyway.
> KConnectX is shipped as part of GGZ 0.0.14 in the KDE 3 version. Afterwards
> it was ported to KDE 4 by dimsuz and myself. You can find it at:
> svn://svn.ggzgamingzone.org/svn/trunk/playground/ggz-kde4/kconnectx

I've never done networking for gaming..  So this should be the first, let me
get some feel for the GZZ stuff.

But I should warn you that for the next few days I'll be around minimally,
it's so hot I cannot turn on my laptop during the day..   But this weekend
I'm supposed to be getting an AC, so that will be much better.