[Kde-games-devel] GGZ / KDE games multiplayer

Andreas Røsdal andreasr at gnome.org
Sun May 20 21:19:43 CEST 2007

Hello!

I'm interested in knowing what the developers of KDE games think about
adding multiplayer support using GGZ Gaming Zone.
As one of the gnome-games maintainers, we have recently added GGZ
support to gnome-games. The games Iagno, Nibbles
and Gnect have multiplayer support provided by GGZ. For more
information, see here:
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeGames/Multiplayer

I noticed that Josef sent a message proposing GGZ for KDE earlier:
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-games-devel&m=117187709409951

Iagno, Nibbles and Gnect have similar KDE games:   KReversi,  Ksnakerace
and kWin4.  I think that it would be fun to have
these games being network compatible with the GNOME ones. That could be
possible if the KDE games were written as
GGZ clients which use the same GGZ servers as gnome-games.
Iagno/KReversi and kWin4/Gnect have identical game rules,
while Nibbles/Ksnakerace have different maps (so it will take more
effort to make these games network compatible).

Anyway, I hope that you consider using GGZ. Making the games network
compatible would also be cool.

 - Andreas