[Kde-games-devel] KSirtet & libksirtet updates for KDE4.0

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Wed Mar 28 08:35:16 CEST 2007

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 06:18 pm, Nicolas Roffet wrote:
> I'd like to commit my changes, but before that, I'd like to know if it's OK
> if I'm working on KSirtet and libksirtet or if someone is allready working
> on it... And if there are anything to consider before doing anything.

I was in touch with a guy a month or two ago who wanted to work on
KSirtet, but he now tells me academic commitments make it impossible.

More recently, 12 March, a guy called Stefan Zickler wrote to this list
proposing to do it as a Google Summer of Code project, but I guess
that would be outside the 1 June target date for KDE4.

So I reckon you should just go for it, Nicolas.  Stefan Zickler said he
had been in touch with the other Nicolas (Hadacek), the original author,
and said that Nicolas H. had no objections to someone taking over.
Then there is Mark Taff's girlfriend who will never forgive us if we
drop KSirtet in KDE4 ... So you have an extra incentive, Nicolas :-)

All the best, Ian W.