[Kde-games-devel] KGameLCD Status

Mark A. Taff marktaff at comcast.net
Sat Mar 17 23:29:23 CET 2007

I promised a status update today for my work on creating a scalable, themeable
replacement for KGameLCD.  I have demonstrated the capabilities I need to
make it work via my demo app, kapp4.

The code is still ugly, with a lot of detritus from earlier code.  Nonetheless
you can compile the code and play with it.

Out of this I see a new svg document class, perhaps KGameSvgDocument based on
TSvgDomDocument w/merges from other sources mentioned in a previous email.
Also a KGameSvgDigit class based on TSvgDigitBase.

TSvgDigits will likely become a base class to handle a collection of digits
that will be sublassed to get timers, counters, and clocks.

As I am a newbie to c++/qt/kde programming, I know there are huge errors in
this code thus far.  I will need a mentor to review the code down the road a
bit to help me correct these errors.  When I have fixed all the errors I know
how to, I hope you all will help me improve the code (and my skills)
further. ;-)

Thanks!

Mark A. Taff