[Kde-games-devel] KBattleship background

Ollivier Lapeyre Johann johann.ollivierlapeyre at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 10:25:35 CET 2007

> I read Johann's blog with the background image for kbattleship and it
> got me excited to help out a little if you'll let me.

Any help is always welcomed. :D Especially with our huge todo list

> First some thoughts about the background for kbattleship.
> It is very pretty but it is also very distracting in my opinion.

It's more distracting  that yours, i'm agree. But i told also myself, i'm not
sure this is really an issue a little distracting background like that on a
non-thinking game. And much people found the eugene's background very fun.
And game must be fun ;)

The both developpers are making progress on porting
(http://linuz.sns.it/~paolo/kbs2.png). I prefer to wait to test "on game"
before to make some compromise or mixing your 2 visions.

> It makes the ship look like a
> toy in a swimming pool which is also distracting.

After the blog post, i added a shadow under the ship, and it clearly solved
that.

Others points:

- Your layers stuffs is what i thought to do, because i like the idea of
the "under water" for sunken battleship. That's still something i'd like to
get, even more now.

- I like your miss / hit. I didn't started thinking about them, but if you
look the screenshot, you could agree they are definitly better that our
actuals one ;))))

- Yes, i need the SVG file, can you see me the SVG, and your appouval to use
it?

- I'd like to talk/chat with you, my email is also my jabber/msn. (but i will
be on a job travel the next week).