[Kde-games-devel] Theming support

Kleag kleag at free.fr
Sat Mar 17 00:25:50 CET 2007

Le samedi 17 mars 2007, Ian Wadham a écrit :
> On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 03:52 am, Mauricio Piacentini wrote:
> > I do not think we can restrict in-disk themes to only have one file. At
> > least one .desktop (for localization) and one SVG are needed in most
> > cases, and in others it might even be desireable to have multiple art
> > files, optionally within a directory structure, who knows.
>
> It seems that a SVG file can contain non-graphical information, witness
> Mark Taff's notes in his SVG files, but I guess there is no KDE or Qt
> library method to extract anything other than named elements from a
> SVG file.  Is there any chance of some advances in this area?
This is XML. You could probably write an ad hoc SAX parser to get this data...
I don't know very well the SVG format, but storing too much "domain" data in a
graphics file seems not very clean to me. Having well organized multiplle
files is probably better, isn't it ?

Regards,

Kleag

--
KsirK - a turn-based strategy game for KDE
http://gna.org/projects/ksirk

KGraphViewer - a GraphViz dot graphs viewer
http://extragear.kde.org/apps/kgraphviewer