[Kde-games-devel] Theming suport

Mauricio Piacentini mauricio at tabuleiro.com
Thu Mar 15 18:42:36 CET 2007

Mark A. Taff wrote:
> On Thursday 15 March 2007 09:07:34 Branan Riley wrote:
>> * All KDE games should be themable eventually, but not necessarily for
>> KDE4.0
>
> I would submit that all games that make the KDE4 cut (as opposed to games
> ready for KDE4.x.x) Should have themeing support built-in, even if only one
> theme is provided.

Agreed here, btw this was something already discussed back in November.
See the IRC meeting summary at

http://maupiacentini.blogspot.com/2006/11/first-kdegames-monthly-irc-meeting.html

Specifically:

----------
As a way to deal with this issue, we discussed what was tentatively
called the "kdegames guidelines for KDE4", a loose set of rules
specifying what we are looking for in games that will be part of the
KDE4 distribution. Following the results of the survey, we agreed on
some basic minimal topics:

-Scalable windows and graphics (preferrably SVG based)
-Theme support
-Usability improvements
-Some form of network support (where applicable)

----

Of course, everything is negotiable :)

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini