[Kde-games-devel] Untranslatable menuitem in kbackgammon

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Thu Mar 1 22:04:07 CET 2007

Am Donnerstag, 1. März 2007 19:26 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:

> > in the latest kde stable compiled from sources I have an untranslatable
> > menuitem (Settings->Toolsbars->cmdToolBar).
> > I found this commit to remove this toolbar:
> > Revision 547684
> > kbackgammon/kbackgammonui.rc
> > "don't show a feature that doesn't exist"
> >
> > But the changes in this commit seem to be not sufficient, I still have
> > the second toolbar, now with the untranslatable name "cmdToolBar".
> >
> > By try and error I found, that I have to remove more code (see
> > attachment) to get rid of this unwanted toolbar.
> >
> > Please check and fix this bug.
>
> Seems fine, but why not just comment it so in the future the whats this
> message is more easily findable if the toolbar is resurected?

Thanks, it makes sense.

Any hint for me to find information about this "magic" feature of qt or kde -
adding a QWhatsThis also adds a toolbar?

I just found some more bugs in kbackgammon in stable:
The commandline - a small bar only a few pixel high and therefore unusable -
is still visible on the left between the menubar and the toolbar.
In the attachment I commented out some lines with the cmdline to remove it
from the gui. Kbackgammon compiles and seems to work, but I am not shure, if I
commented too little or too much.

In the gui is a dead link (http://www.hoefkens.com/lnx/kbg.html - 404 error).
I could not find a uptodate homepage for kbackgammon, so I think this link
should be removed from the code.

In the dokumentation of kbackgammon there is also an old link:
<para>The home page of &kbackgammon; is located at <ulink
url="http://backgammon.sourceforge.net/">http://backgammon.sourceforge.net</ulink>.
It will usually contain the most up-to-date information the program
available.</para>

This page is terribly outdated (from 2000), I will remove this para from the
docs, if nobody objects.

Burkhard Lück