[Kde-games-devel] KPat, bug 90665: unstarted games counted as lost

Inge Wallin inge at lysator.liu.se
Sat Nov 6 17:10:01 CET 2004

Hi,

I was thinking about fixing bug 90665 for Kpat.  The bug is that when a
user wins, he or she gets a new game started immediately and can do
nothing to stop it.  If the user then aborts this, as yet, unstarted game
it still gets counted as a loss in the statistics.  The bug report is
about spider, but this is true for all patiences.

I can see two ways to fix this:

1) Start a new game immediately as now, but if the user has done nothing
and then aborts it does not get added as lost in the statistics.

2) Leave the solved patience on the table, and don't start a new game
until the user presses the "New" icon or chooses Game->New in the menu.

I am leaning towards solution 2.  This also caters to the comment in bug
65506, and I think that sometimes I want to leave a solved patience just
for the beaty of it.  :-)

Any arguments for and against?

	-Inge

Inge Wallin               | Thus spake the master programmer:               |
                          |      "After three days without programming,     |
inge at lysator.liu.se       |       life becomes meaningless."                |
                          | Geoffrey James: The Tao of Programming.         |