CPU consumtion by kglobalaccel / Xorg (was: Fwd: xorg-server-21.1.8_2,1 && key Control_L)

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Mon Sep 18 17:39:44 BST 2023

El día lunes, septiembre 18, 2023 a las 07:09:13p. m. +0300, Gleb Popov escribió:

> On Mon, Sep 18, 2023 at 7:04 PM Matthias Apitz <guru at unixarea.de> wrote:
> >
> > I created a new user 'test', did login as 'test', copied my ~guru/.xinitrc
> > to ~/.xinitrc, started KDE with 'startx' and started on the empty desktop
> > 'Konsole' from the Application launcher and with 'Konsole' the command
> > 'top'. Using the key 'Control_L' a few times, let's say 10 times in 10
> > seconds, brings the proc Xorg to 60% and kglobalaccel to 20% CPU utilization.
>
> This is peculiar. At least we now know that it isn't your personal
> setup's problem. However, I'm not sure how to debug this further.
>
> How about killing the kglobalaccel process? Does this stop the CPU consumption?

When I kill kglobalaccel5, Xorg stressed with repeated 'Control_L' goes
only to 20% but Control_L + TAB does not switch to my virtual desktops.
When I restart kglobalaccel5 from the shell, switching works again with
the same CPU symptom.

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru at unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045