CPU consumtion by kglobalaccel / Xorg (was: Fwd: xorg-server-21.1.8_2,1 && key Control_L)

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Mon Sep 18 17:03:31 BST 2023

El día lunes, septiembre 18, 2023 a las 11:36:17a. m. +0200, Matthias Apitz escribió:

> El día lunes, septiembre 18, 2023 a las 11:08:16 +0300, Gleb Popov escribió:
>
> > On Mon, Sep 18, 2023 at 10:42 AM Matthias Apitz <guru at unixarea.de> wrote:
> > >

> > > I investigated the problem described below further and modified
> > > ~/.xinitrc to not start plasma, but twm and one xterm. The issue depends
> > > clearly on KDE5. On KeyPress event of Control_L the two processes
> > > Xorg and kglobalaccel jump in top on the list, Xorg with 30++%.
> > >
> > > If one uses multiple time Control_L + TAB to rotate between the virtual
> > > desktops, this is lazy at the beginning and later the requests get
> > > somehow stacked nd re-played by its own like a movie.
> > >
> > > This is not with my older laptop installation with ports from end of
> > > 2020 (which have been bleeding edge at this time).
> > >
> > > Should I file a bug in bugs.kde.org or is that somehow a known issue?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> >
> > Probably you have something strange bound to this shortcut. Does the
> > problem exist for a newly created user (with empty ~/.config and
> > ~/.cache) ?
>
> The trees ~/.config and ~/.cache have been copied from the 2020's system
> which is still in use. But I will follow your advice and test with a
> newly created user.

I created a new user 'test', did login as 'test', copied my ~guru/.xinitrc
to ~/.xinitrc, started KDE with 'startx' and started on the empty desktop
'Konsole' from the Application launcher and with 'Konsole' the command
'top'. Using the key 'Control_L' a few times, let's say 10 times in 10
seconds, brings the proc Xorg to 60% and kglobalaccel to 20% CPU utilization.

Please let me know, if I could check something.

Thanks

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru at unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045