CPU consumtion by kglobalaccel / Xorg (was: Fwd: xorg-server-21.1.8_2,1 && key Control_L)

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Mon Sep 18 08:42:10 BST 2023

I investigated the problem described below further and modified
~/.xinitrc to not start plasma, but twm and one xterm. The issue depends
clearly on KDE5. On KeyPress event of Control_L the two processes
Xorg and kglobalaccel jump in top on the list, Xorg with 30++%.

If one uses multiple time Control_L + TAB to rotate between the virtual
desktops, this is lazy at the beginning and later the requests get
somehow stacked nd re-played by its own like a movie.

This is not with my older laptop installation with ports from end of
2020 (which have been bleeding edge at this time).

Should I file a bug in bugs.kde.org or is that somehow a known issue?

Thanks

	matthias

----- Forwarded message from Matthias Apitz <guru at unixarea.de> -----