KDE 5.27.8 on FreeBSD 13.2-RELEASE-p4 (64-bit)

Ronald the Bruce lawksalawdy at fastmail.com
Tue Oct 17 12:58:52 BST 2023

Hello,

First of all, thanks for the work you do bringing KDE to the FreeBSD
platform.

I am reaching out to try and solve an issue which has alluded me -
specifically the apparent disabling of regional settings. Specifically,
SYSTEM SETTINGS/REGIONAL SETTINGS/REGION & LANGUAGE are greyed out and
cannot be changed. I have searched the web and not found any reference
to the issue.

I am an experienced user who has used KDE on FreeBSD as my principle
desktop for many years and it has performed very well and has been very
stable; the problem I am seeking your help to fix occurred when I
reinstalled FreeBSD 13.2 Release following a SSD failure. I have
reviewed Section 25 of the FreeBSD Handbook and changed my .login_conf
to read as follows:

me:\
        :charset=UTF-8:\
        :lang=en_AU.UTF-8: