Unresolved symbol in libQt6WebEngineCore.so.6.4.2

Jan Beich jbeich at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jul 24 12:52:43 BST 2023

Alexander Leidinger <Alexander at leidinger.net> writes:

> Hi,
>
> a build with non-standard port options (mostly nox11 und related stuff
> for a headless system, except for some ports where this doesn't work)
> is giving me an unresolved symbol in
> libQt6WebEngineCore.so.6.4.2. This symbol is
> _ZN7sandbox6policy12SandboxLinux11GetInstanceEv.
>
> I'm seeking some insight where this symbol comes from, so it would be
> nice if someone could report back if their
> libQt6WebEngineCore.so.6.4.2 also has this symbol as unresolved and
> which libary does provide this symbol via:
>   find /usr/local/lib -type f -print0 | xargs -0 nm -dynamic
>   --print-file-name | grep SandboxLinux

The symbol is defined by WebEngine itself.

$ cd www/qt6-webengine
$ make clean patch
$ cd `make -V WRKSRC`
$ rg -lF 'SandboxLinux::GetInstance() {'
src/3rdparty/chromium/sandbox/policy/linux/sandbox_linux.cc
src/3rdparty/chromium/sandbox/policy/openbsd/sandbox_openbsd.cc
src/3rdparty/chromium/sandbox/policy/freebsd/sandbox_freebsd.cc