KDE Plasma Kickoff does not work after libxmlb update

Rainer Hurling rhurlin at gwdg.de
Mon Aug 14 14:01:18 BST 2023

Hi KDE team,

After the update of textproc/libxmlb [1], the KDE Plasma Kickoff no
longer works. If I try to use Kickoff from the taskbar, I get the
following message box:

file:///usr/local/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.kickoff/contents/ui/Kickoff.qml:19:1:
plugin cannot be loaded for module "org.kde.plasma.private.kicker":
Cannot load library
/usr/local/lib/qt5/qml/org/kde/plasma/private/kicker/libkickerplugin.so:
(/usr/local/lib/libxmlb.so.2: version LIBXMLB_0.1.0 required by
/usr/local/lib/libappstream.so.4 not defined)

This is on a recent 14.0-ALPHA1 amd64 with ports up to date.

Is there anything I can do to get it working again?

Thanks for any hint. Please let me know, if you need more details or if
there is anything I can test.

Best regards,
Rainer Hurling

[1]