.kde4/Autostart/xmod.sh && xmodmap's

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Sun Mar 12 18:03:26 UTC 2017

Hello,

I have a script ~/.kde4/Autostart/xmod.sh which does some keyboard
adjustments with xmodmap on KDE4 start, for example:

echo $0 >> /tmp/autostart.txt
date    >> /tmp/autostart.txt
echo DISPLAY: $DISPLAY >> /tmp/autostart.txt

/usr/local/bin/setxkbmap -model pc105 \
          -layout de   \
	  -option "altwin:swap_alt_win"   \
	  -option "lv3:ralt_switch"
#
# we use the Win-key to add more (esp. Spanish) letters to the keys:
#
xmodmap -e "keycode 145 = Delete Delete Delete Delete"
#
# Spanish tilded chars (use Mode_switch + char)
#
xmodmap -e "keycode 0x40 =  Mode_switch"
xmodmap -e "keycode 0x39 =  n N ntilde Ntilde"

The script works fine when fired up within the KDE session, but does not
seem to work when launched as Autostart (it gets launched as I can see in
the file /tmp/autostart.txt), but it seems that the changes done by
xmodmap are somehow re-setted again during start of KDE.

Any ideas?

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru at unixarea.de, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045
Aus "Nie wieder Krieg!" wurde "Nie wieder Krieg ohne Deutschlands Truppen"